Shelby Crossings Christian School
Senior High Beta Club
2021-2022 School Year Information
“Let us lead by serving others.”
Beta Club is an academic and service organization. The SCCS Beta club was chartered in the spring of 2019, and we currently have 5 students who will be Senior Beta members for this school year. Beta club is open to all SCCS students who meet the following requirements:
- Student exhibits academic excellence in his or her studies. This means a demonstrated desire to take on challenging course work and excel in his or her academics and preparation for endeavors beyond high school (may include, but NOT limited to AP courses, honors courses, college preparatory courses, dual enrollment courses, and educational internships)
- Student maintains a 3.5 or higher (unweighted) grade point average for their high school coursework (9th graders for their 8th grade coursework).
- Student demonstrates exemplary character, a desire to serve others, and a desire to be a part of a service driven honors organization
- Student commits to attend 2 in person (or if required due to illness, Zoom) meetings per semester, to actively participate in the club’s main service project for the school year, and to document service hours in his or her own community (volunteering or serving in an area of need and interest).
If your student meets the above requirements and would like to be a part of the SCCS Beta Club for the 2021-2022 school, year, please do the following:
- Submit all required documentation via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to SCCS, 532 George Roy Parkway, Calera, AL 35040 NO later than the deadline of October 10, 2021. No late submissions accepted. Required paperwork includes
- Grade report or transcript showing that student has maintained a 3.5 or higher GPA in the applicable time frames listed above
- Parent certification of the academic pursuits of the student / written explanation of his or her demonstrated academic excellence
- A letter or paragraph from the student indicating his or her intent and desire to join the SCCS Beta Club, and willingness to do a minimum of 25 service hours to contribute to his or her local community and our school
- Attend Beta Club induction ceremony (date TBD). Attire and other ceremony details will be explained in an email sent to all students whose paperwork is received by the deadline.
***PLEASE NOTE: Although the National Beta Club has general standards for membership, it is up to individual schools to determine more specific requirements. Beta Club charters at other schools may have different requirements from our club. If you have questions about your child’s eligibility, please feel free to email Casey Tatum at email@example.com
Thank you! Casey Tatum (Beta Club Sponsor) and Jennifer Vines, Administrator